CaseDetective Beta 3 Released

As well as releasing my UNIXCrypt RealBasic module, I’ve also released the latest, and hopefully last beta of CaseDetective.

This one doesn’t look like much on the outside, but has a few fixes on the inside, and a bit of mutli-threading chucked in to make things a little more responsive in the GUI while grabbing data from the database.

ALso, I’ve put in the framework for the Help system. It’s a little sparse at the moment, but should be improved plenty in time for the 1.0 release.

I had seriously considered making some big changes in this version (as discussed in an earlier post), but decided that they ought to wait until 1.0 is out the door. I’ve got users who are pretty happy with the way CaseDetective works at the moment, so I don’t want to rock the boat just yet, I’ll leave that until 1.1, giving me plenty of time to make sure I get it right. This release is made with RelBasic 2005r2, but doesn’t include any of the stuff I need to do to support MS Access databases.

I’m chomping at the bit to get onto v1.1, but I know I should finish off the docs and final polish of 1.0 first, and make sure this final beta is as solid as I hope.